Safety Information and Guidelines
Necklaces, bracelets and anklets are for wearing and NOT for chewing
- Wear at all times but remove for sleeping, swimming and bathing.
- Detergents and perfumes will damage the item.
- Wear under a sock and do not allow to be pulled.
- Amber is soft so keep stored in the natural fabric bag to stop it getting scratched.
- Necklaces should be removed from the neck when the child sleeps or is unattended.
- Necklaces can be worn on the ankle. This is done by double-wrapping the necklace around the ankle and placing a sock over the foot to keep the necklace stationary and warm.
- Check frequently for cracks and damage as it can shatter if regularly hit or has been stood on.
We do not sell bean or olive-shaped amber for children as it splits easily and becomes sharp and is also a choking hazard as it is larger. They are fastened with a plastic screw barrel clasp that is designed to break if pulled. Metal clasps are not allowed for use with children as they will not release if needed. Magnetic clasps are also dangerous if swallowed by a child and we do not sell these either.
The Amber Necklaces and Bracelets we sell incorporate the following safety features:
- Necklaces need to be short enough so as not to hang down and get caught. Leave a two finger gap between the tape and neck. See the measuring guide.
- They are threaded on cotton which will break if caught on something or pulled.
- There is a knot between each bead so that if it breaks the beads remain intact and in most cases will not scatter.
- The beads are rounded and polished so that no sharp edges remain.
- The beads are not toxic.
- Our amber has been tested to EN71-3:2013 and passed so it does not contain dangerous chemicals or nickel.
- We have the test certificate with our company name on it to prove this as we had to pay for these expensive tests
- Do not allow the amber to be chewed. Amber is a resin and will shatter under pressure. Cracked beads could be inhaled and become dangerous.
- If it breaks do not attempt to fix it as we cannot guarantee its safety.
- Our smallest child bracelet is 13cm for safety reasons.
As it is composed of small parts, amber is not suitable for children under 36 months. Children over 36 months must wear it under close adult supervision As per trading standards labelling requirements and general product safety regulations, all items are supplied with a care leaflet and instructions. Please read it carefully.